The Afro-Bahian Culture Committee would like to share with you the first installment of a series of recipe videos for your eating pleasure. Let us know what you think of the dish in the comments below. Que delicia!
4 cups milk
2 1/2 cups raw shredded coconut
4 Tablespoons sweetened, condensed milk
3 cups pearl tapioca
3/4 cup coconut milk
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1) In an ovenproof dish, place the tapioca, coconut, and sugar and mix well.
2) Bring milk, coconut milk, and condensed milk to a boil.
3) Pour over the dry ingredients in dish and mix well.
4) Cover with a cotton dishtowel, or plastic wrap, and leave in a room temperature place for 2 -2 1/2 hours.
5) Check to see if it is softened. If not, leave a little longer. Once softened, serve or move to refrigerator.
Optional: when serving drizzle a little more condensed milk over the top.
Number of Servings: 12